DURATION: 11 Nights & 12 Days
NUMBER OF PAX: Minimum 06 adults – Maximum 10 adults
TOUR DATE: January 21 – February 1, 2018 only
Be prepared to shoot to your heart’s content in the land of fire and ice. With volcanoes and glaciers co-existing in the youngest country in the world, Iceland is home to more than 10,000 waterfalls, 100,000 km2 of glaciers, hundreds of active springs/geysers, and many volcanoes! Not to mention the chance of seeing the Northern Lights dancing at dark! Iceland is a landscape photographer’s dream destination.
- One pre-trip briefing, and shopping trip in Singapore to ensure you are prepared.
- Photographic tutoring and guidance during trip.
- Private air-conditioned Super Vehicle within Iceland
- Meals & Double Room Accommodation for 11 nights in what are some of the most highly rated accommodation in Iceland. Single room supplement at additional $900 SGD subject to room’s availability.
- In the event of bad weather/no travelling, we will be conducting post-processing workshops or any mini-sharings you would like us to do.
- Airfares to and from Iceland; any applicable visa fees and local airport taxes.
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Additional Beverages / Alcohol & Personal Expenses
- Optional Ice Cave Tour complete with Safety Gear and experienced Ice Cave Leaders. (Additional ~S$400)
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION T&CS:
- FREE 30 day cancellation
- $50 SGD OFF if payment is by bank transfer or cheque during check out
- At any moment participants cancel with a replacement, Vacay will uphold up to a full refund.
- If participants cancel without replacement, the following refund schedule applies, based on the full fee of the tour:
- More than 120 days to tour commencement date: Full refund
- Between 120 and 90 days to tour commencement date: 75% refund
- Between 90 days and 30 days to tour commencement date: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days to tour commencement date or no show: no refund
- Single room supplement at additional $900 SGD subject to room’s availability.
- 2 Photography Instructors (Teacher to Participant ratio of 1:5) if maximum capacity of 10 pax is reached
A key feature of our photography tour to Iceland is the use of a Super Vehicle throughout the trip. With a specially modified vehicle, you can expect safe comfort across rocky terrain, and travel off-road to less-visited locations. Using our experience in landscape photography and our frequent visits to Iceland, our goal is to assist you in getting to the right locations, at the right time for the best photographic results. We keep the group shooting as much as possible during the best light, and won’t hesitate to knock on your room doors when the Northern Lights are out in the middle of the night.
PLACES YOU CAN EXPECT TO VISIT
We believe in making your time in Iceland as fruitful as possible, we head straight to our first location outside the city upon touch down and if the weather is good, we will head out to capture the aurora in Vik.
Other places we will be bringing you to includes (but not limited to) Beautiful Waterfalls such as Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss, Gullfoss and many more. You will also visit a little known secret turquoise waterfall that most tours don’t have on their itinerary.
Icy and Dramatic Seascapes such as Jokulsarlon Ice Beach, Reynisdranger, Dyrholaey, Arnastarpi and any other locations we spot along the way.
Majestic Mountains such as Vestrahorn, Kirkjufell and Skaftafell. Geothermal Geyser, Glaciers & Glacier Lagoons such as Svinafellsjokull, Jokulsarlon Lagoon and two other lesser known and equally beautiful lagoons.
The Itinerary is flexible and will be adjusted according to weather and participants’ needs.
YEO WEE HAN is a Professional Landscape Photographer, well known for his dynamic images and his sharp and unique eye in spotting angles easily missed out. He has traveled widely in search of landscapes and the light since 2010. Greenland, Iceland, Patagonia, New Zealand, Norway, China… and the list goes on. As a fervent lover of nature, and adventure, he often pushes his limits to explore what others haven’t, making good evaluation of the site before bringing participants along. Experience aside, his jokes and professional reliability is what makes friends (old and new) want to travel with him.
CHARMAINE YAP is a filmmaker, photographer, and designer. In 2013, she decided to join her husband in photography and producing cinematic visuals through Tripeaksimagery. Since then, she has explored and traveled to places such as Iceland, Greenland, Hungary and China in search for landscapes to photograph. In 2014, she clinched the Singapore Youth Photographer Award Overall Winner with 5 images, one of which is of the treacherous waves in Iceland. Since then, she has had her images published in The New Paper, Canon Academy Magazine and has been featured on The Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao and online new platforms such as Yahoo SG. Also a lover of the wild, you’ll often find her crouching nooks and crannies like an animal, waiting for the photographic moment.
We have been to Iceland every season to know which locations are best fitted to our schedule. Every location has been scouted and we know the top-notch viewpoints to bring everyone to. You are of course free to roam around but we will be there if you need any assistance.
Being photographers by profession, we have the know-how to produce the best work you yearn for. Be it visualization, best imaging practices or post-production in Lightroom, we will get you up and going.
We do not have the luxury of time but we can definitely make the best use of it. Thus that explains our choice of a Super Truck which is outfitted with gargantuan tyres that can get us through any terrain. Not only will also feel safer with those giant wheels, you can be sure that motion sickness is the last thing on your mind.
Meals and accommodation are the basics of life. We will be working hard throughout the day for our images thus we will stay in hotels and have a mouth-watering 2 or 3 course meal to end every single night. If the Aurora makes an appearance, the night will definitely be extended and no one has regretted staying out of bed for the light show.
What footwear should you have? What bags should you bring? What’s the best lens for a particular scene? We have all these answers and the group will be briefed in detail before departing for the tour (this assumes you are residing in Singapore). In a nutshell, we will make sure you are ready for it all, from footwear to filters.
Our driver is an Icelandic Native who have years of experience driving on all forms of terrains in Iceland. He is a certified Super Truck instructor and has his own fleet of vehicles and is a volunteer with Iceland’s Search and Rescue team so you are indeed in safe hands.